Today on Give Something Away Day, it is the custom in the US, as the name of the day suggests, to share things with each other: Be it money, assistance or simply time together. The day of action goes back to the U.S. American Linda Eaton Hall-Fulcher, who launched it in 2014 in collaboration with the web portal nationaldaycalendar.com. On Sharing Day, it's the gesture that counts most. It doesn't have to be much. Rather, the focus is on cohesion and "being there for each other." For example, how about sharing time over a chilled drink? For example, a peach-orange-lemon iced tea? Perfect for the summer. You can find the perfect recipe here.
Recipe: peach-orange-lemon iced tea
- 5 pcs. Peaches
- 2 pcs. Lemons
- 1 pc. Orange
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 500 ml black tea (4 bags)
- 1 L water
- Ice cubes
- Boil 500ml of water and steep the black tea bags for about 3 minutes. Let the tea cool down.
- Boil 1l water in a separate pot with sugar. Wash peaches, remove seeds, peel and cut into cubes. Simmer the sugar water and peach cubes for 5 min and then steep for another 45 min. Now mix the sugar water with the peach cubes and black tea together.
- Wash the lemon and orange well and then slice them. Add them to the bowl with the sugar water, oranges and black tea. Stir everything well again and then refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Get the slices of the peaches, lemons and from the oranges out of the bowl (best to sieve everything once).
- Before serving, rinse the lemon well and then cut it into thin slices, then put it in a glass and pour the peach-orange-lemon iced tea.
We hope you enjoy trying the recipe.